June 4, 2009

Green Tea Cola


Seems a new flavor of Coke will soon be with us. Like a soon to debut Pepsi product, it too has the flavor of a green leaf, but of a different species. It has no calories (which means it will taste even weirder), and has catechin. Catechin is a thing in green tea that helps people be skinny in Japan. It comes out on the 8th. I'll try one out.

I was recently offered 100 bucks to send six bottles of the aforementioned new flavor of Pepsi, which is the flavor of shiso, to an associate in the states. We often get shiso leaves with traditional Japanese dishes, such as sashimi. I've only ever seen one person eat them, and she was a foreigner. In any case, I think the tea cola will beat the shiso cola.

More info, in Japanese, about the new coke is here.

3 comments:

  1. I love shiso. I'm not going to go out of my way to try it in its cola incarnation, but they're really good in temaki-zushi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 100 bucks! is this person a Pepsi collector or something?that sounds like a good profit but what is the shipping going to cost ya?

    ReplyDelete
  3. shiso leaves are delicious, i used to shred them up on top of my homemade tekka don, along with liberal chunks of avocado.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated in a speedy fashion.