May 8, 2009

Kyounshi (Hopping Vampire) Boom Classic Promo Vid

Had an interesting day today at the school. We held a barbecue and later I introduced the Chinese students to some videos of my favorite Kung-fu practitioner, Sammo Hung. This led into my favorite Kung-fu movie, Close Encounters of the Spooky Kind, which then led into discussion with a teacher of the Kyounshi Boom in the 80s.
So here is a video promo intended for Japanese people of some very odd Chinese flicks from that time and genre.


The Narrator's comments are pretty funny. "The Hong Kong Highlander!" "Can you read this character?" "They do ecchi too..." "A car comes at us!"

Now I must waste some time watching Mr. Vampire.

2 comments:

  1. I lived through the 80s kyonshi boom. All the kids at school hopped around with their arms in front of them, usually it was the boys chasing the girls. I forgot about that until reading this post just now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man I bet those were cool times. I get nostalgic for a place I never lived in at the time :)

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated in a speedy fashion.