February 17, 2009

Followup: The World of Rouraa [classic Japan video]

I recently posted at Japan Probe about a new video by Peter Bjorn and John featuring those dancing Elvis guys that everyone sees in Yoyogi park in Tokyo. But I wanted to know a little more about them[1], including what the heck you call them in Japanese. A reader delivered the term ローラー in due time, and I was able to find out a bit more thanks to that.
Also found this interesting video. I wonder if this will send a ping to backtrack on JP so the Probers[2] can know; I suspect a lot of them lurk here anyways.


This was during the 80s, when the people doing this were still young. The announcer seems to be talking a little funny; rolling his r's and such.

--
[1]I never bother to hide my ignorance; I ain't proud, and you find out more that way ;-)

[2] Probers is my special name for the readers there. It will never catch on. Anyways, backtracking has never been written into the html here before now, but I added it to the code to see if anything will change...

2 comments:

  1. Nice find on the video, interesting to see. Also, thanks for linking to my article about Yoyogi over at Japan Probe :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for posting that Peter, Bjorn and John video! I really love it, cant stop watching it haha. Love the music.
    I admire the ローラー movement, mostly because they are so cool and retro (u_ u). Their hair is impressive too. Although besides that i dont know much, am swimming in ignorance.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated in a speedy fashion.