August 5, 2008

In for a few million pennies

Finally got a visa yesterday. Had to pay tuition today. "Installments," they said, "why would we do that. All money now please."
I can't get an official job until I have some work permission document. In Fukuoka, there was an international office/library thing with a bulletin board that teachers would use to find students. I haven't seen a place like that yet around here... I would like to charge 3,500 an hour, less 500 if students bring food. 2,000 yen for two peeps at the same time, 1,500 yen for 3. Sound reasonable? Know any potential students? Send them to my town!

filed under: ド貧乏

2 comments:

  1. When a student, I put up an ad on a bulletin board at a supermarket and bank. So many banks may not have one but the supermarket does. And the community center also is a good place for an ad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As one who knows, that work permission thing you have to get at immigration is very, very important.
    Get it and re-new it in a timely fashion and you'll save yourself an endless amount of trouble. (Whew, bad memories.)

    When I was a student, I got plenty of students just by word-of-mouth advertising. Now I do it full-time, so I print my own fliers and distribute thousands of them all over the neighborhood. It works great! You probably wouldn't have to go that far, though.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated in a speedy fashion.