May 6, 2008

Average salaries in Japan part II

Last post I laid out some salaries that I found in a book at the local family mart. It's now updated a bit (the only one I was really off on was the cop; holy crap they are really rich!). I also picked up these salaries today:

Doctor: 1,100 man. Bit lower than an American doctor I think.
Professor: 1,130 man.
taxi driver: 300 man.
manga-ka: 240 man. Another secret dream job disappoints.
writer: 330 man. Yet another secret dream job.

The book may be enjoyable to read; I found the Japanese was about right for my level. Each entry seems to be, "you may think it's easy to be x, but actually..." It was also fairly cheap, but I was more interested in the scary stories collection to its right (-_^)

4 comments:

  1. Professor is higher than reality. Lower-end makes about 600man, average around 900man.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 11 mill for a professor refers to full professors at (major) state universities. As Alex said, the the lower end is definitely lower.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And me who came to japan to dreaming of becoming a mangaka... oh well, money is not everything, right? right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Man im surprised that Writers and taxi-drivers are so close to each other...

    Very sad :(

    Glad to see (even at the lower end) that professors still have good salaries. I only wish the normal school teacher was paid a bit more.

    Sigh.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated in a speedy fashion.