June 6, 2007

DVD is not the acronym you assumed it to be

So I saw a DVD store sign in Tara on my way back up from Isahaya the other day. I thought to myself at the time, Oh, that could be more convenient that going all the way to the next town over for vids; I'll have to check it out.
Then I go there today. The videos were there, but there was something... off about them. After a few hours it hit me: those ladies aren't wearing clothes. And this flashlight... it's all strangely shaped, and it doesn't light up at all. Waitaminute, this must be one of those burlesque videotechs the dandies talk about!
So I guess I found the town's Olde Sex Shoppe. That was... interesting.
And I guess DVD stands for Deviant Video Distributor.
Yet it warms my heart, in a strange way, that even a super small town such as mine could have such a place.

3 comments:

  1. ha, no town is complete without one

    I used to live in japan when i was younger, but i lived in Misawa in Aomori, i believe you live in Saga, which is like on the other end of Japan.

    I just started this blog and was wondering if you could tell me how you made this amazing layout? Im not sure how much longer i can take the plain jane one that i have now, any help you could offer would be great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I designed it in photoshop first, using slices to make the images managable and organized into tables. Then I took the html page photoshop saved and used Adobe Golive to edit in all the links and tables. But overall, it was my graphic designer training that I relied on, so it may be hard if you are a "civilian".
    You can google for blogger templates

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also was thinking of starting blog like yours. I also like some of your you-tube videos and i just got a new iMac, I was wondering what kind of iMac you have? I basically bought the second most powerful desktop they had and at 2k total with all th extras like a .mac account, i sure hope it's worth it.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated in a speedy fashion.