May 28, 2006

It was dark. I was tired, but my train wasn't coming for another hour. So I started to wander around the tiny station that is Hizen Kashima. I spied a boat. A boat? The boat was full of mud. Mudskippers and crabs by the dozens had been trasported to this little habitat. A middle aged man approached and picked up a crab by one pincher. Encouraged by this, I started to tease a mudskipper. An old man saw us and started to play around too. This was one of the best parts of my trip to Kobe for the recontracting confrence, the three of us playing in the mud on a summers night. As I walked home later I spotted the first firefly of the year.

You may recall way back when I first mentioned my desire to do the Gatalympics. The boat was for promoting the Gatalympics. Here's some pics. Btw, I lost my event :( But out of my team, I think I got the farthest and dirtiest. Mud makes yor skin soft...Strange costumes were in abundance. Where do they buy these things?


When you ask a girlfriend to take pictures...


First trip to mudsville.


And the second. Yes, that's me.


"Why are you taking a picture of me eating?"


Liz drawing her stockings for the event.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like fun times. Who doesn't love a good role in the

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...in the mud. Plus, fake fishnet thigh highs are always a bonus!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated in a speedy fashion.