January 5, 2006

Pray for us (okay, mostly for him)

I have lost something. A large chunk of my lower retainer (to clairify, I am not referring to my squire; he is quite whole except for missing some of his larger intestine due to the dasterdly deeds of Erik the Black--I'll get you yet ERIK!).I mean the thing that keeps my teeth straight. I can only guess that it broke in my mouth and I swallowed it as I slept. We'll know for sure if I feel my kidneys explode I guess.

But this post is really about my dad. He lost something much more concerning. 40lbs. That is scary, especially considering it happened within a couple months, so he's going to the doctor soon to get it checked out. On the plus side, my old man is so skinny I may be able to finally take him on.

Seriously, some prayers directed towards us would be nice. I try not to obstruct the rule of diety nor the natural universe when I pray, but to gain the strength to accept things and experience as little pain as possible. So pray for those things, if you pray. But pray mostly for dad.

Now if you'll excuse me, I must soundly beat my squire for forgetting to groom my horse. I swear, the silly boy lives in some kind of fantasy world!

7 comments:

  1. You've got it, thoughts too for that matter.

    Been meaning to mention that I like the new picture on the blog, so considered it mentioned. ;-)

    Word Verification: fqohdldo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll keep you guys in my thoughts and prayers, hon. I hope everything turns out okay. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Clay,
    Most definitely thinking the very best thoughts...

    Now, to consider what might have occurred with the missing retainer...

    Hmmm...exploding kidneys? I think not.

    with care,
    kim

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry to hear about your Dad, Clay. My fumbled prayers will include your Dad. Hope you and your family are okay.
    If you need to go the hospital when your kidneys explode give me a ring but, on second thought, maybe you better get a taxi cause you might die before I get to ya. Plus I don't get back from Thailand until tomorrow, anytime after that is okay tho' ;-) Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all for the prayers. Hopefully we will get this figured out soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll keep your Dad in my thoughts and prayers.

    PS: Here's hoping your kidneys haven't exploded.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated in a speedy fashion.