January 4, 2006

For Steph


The French may be famous for losing wars (though I think Poland gave up quicker) and not bathing (this seems to have been confirmed by the cute yet pretty groady French girl who started talking to me in the Bangkok airport, but in her defense she did at least have the good sense find me attractive enough to start the conversation in the first place) but they should really be better known for their animation*. Or in this case, anime. Cool French assassin movie trailer (watch the second trailer only, and keep an eye out for yoda).
Also worth a look is the portfolio of Arthur de Pins. I particularly recommend Eau de Rose; it's very cute.

*:We won't talk of the boring movie with the animated French old women that tricked the world by storm not too long ago.

3 comments:

  1. That was awesome! Thank you!! *hugs* Although...the subtitles were waaaay off. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. tell that to the French guy that runs the site

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's not that it's a bad translation. It's just always frustrating to know that the words you're reading don't match what you're hearing. The languages function so differently that you can't make it make any sense without adding a bit of artistic license to the subtitles. *sigh* :P That was a way cute video though. I laughed. Got to watch it on my break while I was at work. Unfortunately, I don't get my own high speed back untill Friday. Maybe then I can actually drop you a line without my poor computer spazzing out on me. ^-^ We could even try that voice convo thing out again, seeing as how I found my microphone. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated in a speedy fashion.