December 20, 2005

What will I miss most this Christmas?

The Blackadder Christmas special. Sorry family. Speaking of Rowan Atkinson and Christmas, I showed Merry Christmas Mr. Bean to a few classes right before I left. I even had English questions for them to answer to make it more educational.
Anyhoo, due to weird setbacks, I haven't made it to a tropical beach yet.
I recieved an email from a friend, and I thought I'd share my responses with you for edification purposes. You can probably guess what the questions were.
Things are pretty fun; I just switched to a cheaper room today, but it's pretty much as good. There is no TV though, and TV is what keeps the noises of the city at bay. Maybe I will sleep using my ipod, but I haven't gotten sleeping pills yet; it is harder than I thought.
I won't be able to really post pictures until I come back to Nippon, but my hair looks kind of like Iceman in the old movie "Topgun," especially since I also got a close shave.
Thai food is okay, but a little too watery, and it does not make for fun times in my digestive system. I actually ate in a "Japanese" restaurant last night.
Today, I want to see some animals. It may take some work to find a cab driver that knows the location of such things though; they are only interested in showing people the temples.

2 comments:

  1. Clay, go visit jewelry places, Thai silver jewelry is pretty, you could get bracelets for all of your female relatives and send it to them in envelopes very inexpensive (hint hint) - actually a tour of a factory would be interesting if you like that kind of thing. Thailand is supposed to be very popular for jewelry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. *thinks of Iceman's hair...* Yeah, that could work. ^-^ Glad to know that everything's going well. I demand pictures! We all really miss you back here. Everyone always asks me how you are and I've been so wrapped up in my life as of late that I now realize that I don't know, really. It'd be nice if you could drop me a line, doll. I do a lot better with e-mail than blogs anyway. :P Ah well, I wish you a very merry Christmas and a good new year...uh...whenever that occurs over there... I don't remember if Japan is different or not. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated in a speedy fashion.