December 1, 2005

And I ran so far away...

The idea that it's okay to be an introvert was something new to me. After all, society looks down on those who participate less due to the utilitarian nature of group cooperation. But this article opened my eyes. From now on I will be proud of my nature.
Incidental story: I thought a teacher I work with did not like me, but she came around after we talked about how we are both taciturn people. She may have also come around because I guessed she was 26 years old when she is actually 36, but whatevs. The point is, when we timidly look across the room and don't talk to each other these days, we are at least smiling.
So spread the word (if you're not too shy) that introversion and introspection is okay!
How about you, btw, intro or extro?
picture note: Taken from the densha otoku (train man) movie. Read all about the true-life nerd romance here.

2 comments:

  1. Is it possible to be a quiet extrovert? I don't say much, but I have my ways of getting attention without having to speak. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That man looks like Jonny Depp. Bananna Phone was SO big at my school last year because of me. We tried to get it to be our graduation song. I'm not kidding. It was on the announcements and everything because I was obsessed with it.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated in a speedy fashion.