November 29, 2005

Riddle: What's Turkey day without turkey?


it's thanksgiving in Japan, that's what. I cooked pumpkin soup, so we at least had something autumnesque. The ALTs gathered and partook of each other's food and wit. Then, naturally, we had to do Karaoke. I was suffereing from a cold, but I can't not go wild on the karaoke. I'm a professional; you wouldn't understand. So as I screamed out the chorus to "smells like teen spirit," I'm pretty sure I caused serious damage to my throat as well as a few ears. I was talking like grandma (you all have the grandma that smokes, right?) for the next 18 hours.
Followed by sleepovers and deep dark secrets and my ursurping the position of the thunder god Thor (I never saw that one coming, but Basha's illuminati theories had something to do with it).
And the next day brought dancing at a real Mexican bar run by a real Mexican. My dancing partner up there is the lovely Basha (and for the record, I am not staring at her apples in that picture and she is not staring at the little head that seems to be coming out of my jacket pocket).
Follow it all up with a random pigback ride for a very tipsy Tomoko that had me amused. The weekend was too short!
More pictures!
Punching machine. Reminds me of the penguin fighting, where I make the same face.

Arcade guitar game. Bad hair all part of the plan.

The gang. No, I have no idea what my pose is supposed to be.

9 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun time!

    Antispam word: xjenxb That's neat! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're gonna slap that little chap in front oop-side-the-head is what you're gonna do buddy!

    anti spam word:shrrcy?

    what do you think that means JT?

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow looks like you had an awsome time wish i could have partyed like that

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks like a fun time! I apologize for my absence from the blogging world as of late. My friends felt the need to introduce me to the wonderful World of Warcraft...between that and schoolwork, my internet time is pretty well monopolized. I promised myself tomorrow I'd take and hour and give some love to my poor attention starved xanga. :P I miss you by the way. You're never online when I am!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sure seems like you are having fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Actually the meat in the Flautas was turkey. So there you go.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Secrets... I must keep some secrets.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated in a speedy fashion.