September 8, 2005

"It studies more..."

So you may recall a couple days ago when I blogged about "Death of a Samurai." anyhoo, I left a comment on the site, 'cause I'm a comment whore, and the resulting corespondence amused me if for no other reason than the Engrish involved, as well as that typical Japanese I invite you, you come! thing I love. Enjoy.
This post continues...

I just saw the performance of Death of a Samurai on Skyperfect TV. I was very impressed with the show. My complements go to the cast. Misume was extremely cute!

Sorry for the English, but my Japanese is poor. Made, jozu ja arimasen nee...
Posted by clay at 2005年09月06日 00:43


Dear clay

Thank you for your message.
Because you saw our show, I am glad.
If it was good, I want you to see our show at this month 22th~25th.
I am waiting for you.

thank you!
Bye-bye.

p.s.
Sorry my English is poor.
It studies more...
Posted by 斎藤 努 at 2005年09月06日 14:27

I would love to see your show live, but I live in Saga-ken which is far away, I think.

Oh, please wish 中谷-san happy birthday for me! It's a bit late of me, but I just saw the date on the members page...
Posted by clay at 2005年09月07日 05:22
p.s. despite being spelled the same, those are two different words "live" and "live" as in "live-action" sorry if that caused confusion
Posted by at 2005年09月07日 05:23


Dear clay

Sorry , I don't know you live in SAGA-ken.
It is far away.
It is difficult to come to see.
It is really regrettable.

> Oh, please wish 中谷-san happy birthday for me!
> It's a bit late of me, but I just saw the date on the members page...

Thank you very much!!!
I am telling your message to her.

> p.s. despite being spelled the same, those are two different words "live" and "live" as in "live-action" sorry if that caused confusion

No problem!
I didn't cause confusion.
Thnks.
Posted by 斎藤 努 at 2005年09月08日 03:03

2 comments:

  1. I suggested being friends in the first place because I thought that was all she wanted. Everything she'd communicated to me up to that point suggested that. Also, she'd had the letter for 5 months without reading it. What would you have thought?
    And I believe the guy you were quoting was Hatori Hanzo from the first Kill Bill movie. At least, he says something similar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of Japanese guys say stuff about cutting god down, as the kami-sama are a little more finite than the western version.
    Raw deal, Jake. I feel for ya. But I gotta wonder why she didn't read your letter...

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated in a speedy fashion.