July 26, 2005

Walking in the rain with an inebriated British goddess


Well my time in Japan has been interesting thus far. The first Japanese t-shirt I saw said, "Juicy please."
I discovered a Japanese restaurant where they didn't understand what ramen is, so I ordered a curry thing instead. Then they tried to get me to give up my chopsticks in favor of a spoon. "No, I'm good. Ii desu yo."
I found a conveyer-belt sashimi place today, and am quite proud that I didn't say a single word of English the entire time I was there and managed to do a successful transaction. If only I could understand what they said beyond "irrassaimasu."
And tonight I went out with the people going to my prefecture. We ended up at a small club. Dorm-room small; everything in Tokyo is small. We had fun, made Japanese dancing friends, and played horrible games of darts.
I helped Liz, the token hot British girl, to walk home, as I was the token non-drinker. She was quite drunk, and wearing high heals, making her tallness near my impressive stature. I commented that she was a giant, blonde goddess to these people as I gently guided her with her arm around my neck.
She replied, "We Brits are special you know. We put a u in color!"

6 comments:

  1. glad you are having fun.

    and that is colour.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good story Clay... I'm sure that you will get alng just fine in Japan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a blast honey. You need to post some pictures or something, doll. We wanna know just how much of the local colour you're takin' in. After all, those of us are living vicariously through you to escape the horror that is Raul. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  4. *Laughter* Glad to here you are well my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds awesome, Clay! You must take plenty of photos!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Keep us posted - this may be the closest I ever get to living in Japan...

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated in a speedy fashion.